Friday, July 9, 2010

The Time that counts!

The measure of a persons strength can be shown at all times.
Each decision a person makes can tell so much, but the real barometer is taken when times are tense.
Anger is such a easy place to sit back and lash out at what ever the injustice may be. You get caught up in that wave of strength and power that is unleashed by the trigger that set off this storm cloud of emotion.
But the true measure of a man or woman is not the boisterous triad. It's the ability to have the emotion and still have a controlled and salient conversation.
I don't know if I am right, but that feels right.
Because anger never got me anywhere, but measured thought, empathy and respect have.
I am not saying don't have the emotion, but have enough strength to go back and give the positive feedback and love.
And try to do it with the same intensity airing on the side of love that you felt when you displayed anger.
I was talking to a friend and they said to me, how do you remain so positive all the time.
And I said, I don't. I go through the same if not more intense emotions as everyone else.
I just try to finish all of my interactions with others in the spirit of love. The same mood I would like to get back in return.
I don't always get it, but I try.
And in the effort, my dignity and self worth remain intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment