Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Task:Game plan

You have to have a plan before you can play the game.
Today, I am writing down my goals for this year.
So many exciting things have grown from many of the seeds that I planted in the last few years on a day like today.
My book came from a goal setting day.
I tour the country as a motivational speaker, sharing my story and inspiring people to live there best life - another goal achieved.
Some of the best new opportunities in my life are real today because I made them a goal on a list of many other goals I sought to accomplish.
Now, my lists always include many things I wanted to achieve in my personal life and in my career. 
I would write down these things. 
I also write down under each goal ways I could accomplish it. 
Now, I don't accomplish most of my list each year. 
And I don't feel bad about the things I don't do.
I relish in the ones that I do. 
Why is it easier to beat yourself up, than to praise and take stock in your accomplishments.
Every year when I try to make these goals realities, some of them become more clear and real than others. 
And Yes!
I do go back to old list and revive some goals from the past, maybe timing is better now. 
If you have a list of 10 things and 20 ways to accomplish them
If you get one of them done.
You are ahead of the game. 
Have fun dreaming up your goals, enjoy the thought of getting them done!
Feel that new energy of inspiration and build on it with a realistic plan of accomplishment!
If there are naysayers, don't share your plans with anyone but me and the comments on my blog!
Keep your list close to your heart!
I will share some of mine as the year continues!
This will be fun and exciting.
This weeks task is to WRITE THE LIST!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making a list.. it's the first step. I did mine on 12/30, my 101 things to do in 1,001 days. Putting it all down made me feel like there is less pressure on me. And it's a changeable list, not carved in stone. Feel free to check it out. As always, keep on keepin' it real! That's what I admire most about you! Happy New Year to you & yours! God bless!
    http://thoughtsfromthismamaschair.blogspot.com/p/101-things-in-1001-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pg. 128, "The enemy is negative thoughts that not only can define you, but can talk you out of your dream, your marriage, your confidence, and just about every other thing in your life. The key to having good things happen in your life is to believe that they will happen." Thank you Lee Willie Thomas (aka..WILLIETRANSFORM). "BELIEVE" is the key word, and the seed that is planted must be nurtured with love, faith, and the willingness to believe the transformation will take place in the mind, body, and spirit. Peace, Blessings, and Love ....I'm glad you gave me the book ,thanks for the opportunity to join the party. IAD Airport smiles.....I'm working on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started to think about the list, but I have not put the pen to the paper. Honestly it has been a day of sitting on the sofa and watching Georgetown vs WVU then on to the Wild Card Games! Distractions.... Got to love the game. Back at it on 1/9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! I left a message on your facebook, I found an effective treatment for vitiligo, not only for her but for other diseases .. please excuse the translation I'm using google translate ...
    is wonderful! God put a desire in my heart to help you, when I was reading about the treatment the first person that popped in my mind was you ...

    ReplyDelete