Thursday, May 3, 2012

Another Time... Please!

I saw her for the first time last night.
It wasn't what I thought it would be. She was at choir practice with her church. And I was just watching as she tried to get the lyrics to a song right. It was a part with her in solo. A spoken part but she couldn't get it right. And one guy just kept trying to correct her. After about the fourth time I couldn't take it any more.
"Stop picking on the lady... man!"
"I just want the song right!" He said back in a stern voice.
"Maybe would could practice the lyrics outside, I can get you right!" I said back in a stern voice.
I could feel my nerves taking a shot of adrenaline. I was already trying to figure out in my mind, which is the best point of attack. He looked like he was in good shape. So, maybe I should try a fake punch counter. Maybe he had some skills more than me and I should let him show his lead then fake fear and then counter. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I was there, you know, in that place -- where you have to hit something. It might as well be this jerk yelling at my mom at choir practice.

Then I woke up.
It was so real, I was still angry.
It took a couple of minutes for it to fade.
Then reality washed over me like walking outside into bright sunshine.
I was overwhelmed with a feeling of love.
I was just glad to see her. She looked happy!

Why did it take so long?
My mother has been dead for at least four years.
This is the first time I have seen her in my dreams.
I had so much I wanted to say... and I wasted that time talking to some jerk.
I will see you next time mom.
I miss you soooo much.

1 comment:

  1. Wow really. Amazing, insightful. She is there with you. You two were never far apart.

    ReplyDelete