Monday, May 28, 2012

Yes!

Life should be fun!

I'm not one to have a pity party and if you think that's where this is going it's not.
I seem to find a way to pull positivity out of any situation.
But man the hard hits in life just keep on coming.

The cool part is some of those hits are home runs.
Yes, I am a white black man.
Yes, I would love to have the chocolate brown skin I had in high school.

A little of my pigment is coming back.
And I am continuing a new treatment that is working.

But I need to be healthy and that's the most important thing I must keep in mind.

I have new challenges.
And I face them without fear, but while I was running yesterday I found tears coming down my face.

I didn't really understand why.
Yes, it's hard to face challenges that seem bigger than you.
Yes, I am doing my part to not only stay in the game, but achieve.

But I don't think that wasn't the reason I cried.
I'm really not sure but the tear came when I looked at the football field and smelled the grass of a beautiful summer day.

My heart was immediately back in High School cracking jokes between plays during football practice with Kelly James and my man Greg Edison.
We had no money, no great jobs but there were few worries and we managed to find so much fun!

I actually missed my youth!

And I realized It was never coming back.
Ever!

So I made a promise to myself as I turned the next corner on the middle school track where I run.
I made a pledge to live my life with youthful eyes.
And that made me smile as the tears faded into sweat and I finished my run.

Yes, life is fun!
And our challenge is to consciously work at keeping it that way... no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee Thomas,

    I read your story and to be honest I do not know much about you as who you are or what you do until I stumbled on your video on Youtube.
    I know what Vitiligo does. My daughter has or had(not sure what to say) Vitiligo.
    I am basically from India but have settled here in the US and my daughters were born here too. I think the medical industry failed terribly regarding this condition.
    Other treatments too just address the symptoms and not the cause. It is very common to hear medical experts say that the reason for this is unknown and there is no cure as well. Both these arguments are just false.
    I can with great deal of certainty prove that there is a reason for vitiligo and if the reason is addressed the condition goes away by itself. The cure is not fast and quick and it is not just addressing symptoms alone.
    I have been treating my daughter for this for the last 1 year and she is almost out of it. I wish to discuss this with you as well. You might wonder why you. You having this condition is well known to many and treating you for the cause will eradicate the symptom and prove to the world that my claims are correct. In other words, I wish to you use you as a tool for a good cause. Trust me my daughter has that condition but has improved and I can provide you the proof with pictures.
    It is not giving any UV treatment which can cause skin cancer or it is not applying any steroid medicines like Protopic or nothing like that. It is all natural treatment. I might sound like an ad campaign or a fakester but TRUST me, I Promise I am real and I can prove it with results from my daughter.
    I mean what I say here. I live in Irvine, CA with my family and if you trust me in what I say please do contact me, I am genuine and speaking from my heart. I promise.
    If you get cured it is easy to prove to this world that what I say about the cause is true as well and hopefully medical industry can take a leaf from it and research in that angle... You do not have to pay me anything, I can give it in writing, I am not in for money. I wish many people with this condition get cured.
    You can reach me at my cell number - 818-231-2345 or contact me at karthickk@gmail.com my name is Karthick Krishnan. I do not have any fancy websites or fancy marketing techniques, I have truth on my side. I promise.

    If you believe in what I say please contact me, I do not know how to contact you....

    ReplyDelete