Friday, January 1, 2010

The Beginning of Change

It is the first day of the year 2010.
And I have designated this my year of change. I just started this blog. And I will continue to use it as my journal. The moleskin journal that kept my thoughts and notes got stolen with a lot of my belongings. So, now I will blog here and still keep and hard copy of my thoughts just in case. It was violating getting my personal things taken away. I thought it was the world working against me. But I know now that the only thing that can stop me is me. And I will not stop. My name is Lee Willie Thomas Jr. I am the four son and the sixth child of Lee Willie Thomas and Ethel Lois Britt. I am some what of a media darling for about 12 1/2 minutes of fame, but they were fleeting and unsatisfying and only captured the shocking part of my journey. When I feel like the journey is just begun. If you want to know that side of the story just google turningwhite. But here is where the real work begins. I had a disease that doctors say is not curable. It was Crohns. And now a doctor told me that it is gone. And all I did was drastically change my diet and my life. And I didn't use traditional meds. It took 9 years but the disease that could have killed me is gone. Now, I have a shocking and emotionally destructive disease, vitiligo. It's still a tough thing to deal with but I am strong. And even more than that I am determined to win. I have done years of research and change and it has lead me here. The disease is the worst it has ever been. And I feel that I am closer that ever to beating it. I just need the strength to finish the job. And also to document my journey for others to follow. So, this is where the documentation begins.
I will blog. And I will fight. And at the end of this year we will take an assessment of the battle.
WillieTransform or Will he transform
Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are strong and inspirational. You are a fighter and you will win this battle! My thoughts and support are always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered two years ago that I have vitiligo. I am preparing to start a family and to raise my first child. I had discovered this spot on my neck not too long ago. I am thankful that it is a minor discoloration on the back of my neck and not anywhere too noticeable. Everyday I fear that it might get bigger and spread somewhere else. I am afraid. I used to tell the love of my life that I only fear two things in life: a unfulfilled life and uncontrollable vitiligo. She tells me that she would love me no matter what even if my worst fears came true, but I am still scared. I am shakened and I am frightened for what will happen to my appearance. I fear that I can never enjoy the beach again, never walk in the sun without the fear of being terribly burned, I fear that I would be driven to work as a creature of the night and to live my life indoors. I am afraid. I am shaken, I am frightened.

    ReplyDelete