Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Death Before Dying

As I get older many of my friends and family are starting to die. I don't like it and it's hard to take. They are gone and I miss talking to them or walking with them or sitting down around a meal or a living room and sharing life stories with them.
And that made me remember what life is...
It's sharing and engaging, helping and caring. It's about being there and making memories.
I know people that have this disease and because they get mean looks or off color comments they lock themselves in and don't come out of their homes.
These people had active vibrate lives that completely change because of an emotional traumatizing disease.
This is like killing the life you've had for a half life defined by fear and self loathing.
Don't do it.
Find a way to change your self image.
For me.. I believe my face looks like the mask of a super hero.
And it was hard to get back to a normal life but I worked at it.
Now, I am back 100%.
Don't give up the things you love because you got a disease that you cannot control.
The more people see you, the more people get use to seeing you.
Don't kill the life you have before it's time.
Live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment