Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am

Sometimes life can get very hard.
I am a man that is on TV everyday while living with a disease that is constantly changing the way he looks and those changes continue in dramatic and shocking ways. On top of that I am a realist. I force myself to deal with the realities of any situation. I may loose all of my pigment and turn completely white. It's a real possibillity. And the way things are going probable.
I don't want that to happen. There is a slim possibility that I may repigment. It's not looking good right now, but possible. Or is that small possibility just what I want.
But that doesn't seem to matter.
I try different things and get disallutioned about my efforts. I continue some. I give up on others and all the while the disease keeps coming.
It sucks. It hurts. It's hard to keep trying to solve.
But in the mist of it a couple of things remain constant.
One, I feel like I will have a break through and be on the other side of this one day soon.
Meaning, and let me be clear, I feel like I am going to get my pigment back.
Two, I also have learned to live with this well.
I forget that I look different more than I remember. That's new.
Now, this stuff may seem crazy. But I really believe I will figure it out.
So, being the realist that I am.
And I am.
You know, I'm a "face the facts kinda guy".
I have to ask myself, and perhaps the world through this blog,"AM I CRAZY?"
It really doesn't matter what people say, I have always believed certain things about myself.
I believed I was not only going to get a job in TV but it was going to be in New York City.
I have worked there twice.
I believed I was going get a college degree.
I paid for it myself but done.
I believed that a beautiful women would love me, pigment or not.
And she does.
I also believe that I will get my pigment back.
No cigar..... yet.
I am a rational thinking man. I can face up to things and live with reality. But I also know that you can make your own reality. I know that I cannot give into a life without pigment.
I don't know if I will ever give in and just let it win. I doubt it.
I also know the answer to the question, "am I crazy?".
We all know it's a resounding,"YES!"
And I am okay with that.
I am crazy.
I will never give in.
I am happy.
I am sad at time.
I am
I am
I am
are you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Bro...that's the first time I took the liberty to visit your blog and I must say, I enjoyed the very insightful piece. Reading as you open up so eloquently and honestly. You helped me to recognize a struggle that I myself can identify with as I grow in age...not get older but grow in age...I am now 43, in great shape, for my age (whatever that means) and watching an uninvited transformation take place with my appearance. It's not easy for me to watch my hair slowly, but consistently, thin...my stomach pooch...my facial skin expand...I know this sound vein but your blog allowed me to feel my own struggle...my struggle to grow in age but not to get older.
    Thanks for sharing Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am. People say I'm a good crazy though.

    I really enjoyed this post LEe and usually I just come and read your wonderful insights but this time I decided to leave a comment.

    Be blessed and continue bequeathing us with these wonderful blog posts.

    ReplyDelete