Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fear

I feel like I am on the verge of change.
And Yet I am afraid.
I am afraid that I will not be successful.
I am afraid I will stay this way until the day that I die and when people look into my picture or coffin they will see this multicolored face that has become the definition of me.
I am afraid that it may get worse and that I will be a white/black man through eternity.
I am afraid that all of my belief and strength could have been for nothing.
I am afraid of the possibility that this is a game that I cannot win.

My fear has multiple side. I also fear success. I may re pigment and then all of the people that have followed me and supported me will disown me. The many supported all over the world that I have come to represent will no longer think I understand them or they may think that I am no longer like them.
I feel a responsibility and love toward them. I'm afraid of losing their support.
It would be tough.
Now, I have journaled and researched and studied.
All of that information has brought me to a regiment of change.
I believe that all I have to do is implement this regiment and watch the changed come.
I know I can do it. I know it will work and the changes will come.
But I have fear and doubt.
It's funny because I thought writing this or saying it out loud would be my demise.
BUT IT IS NOT!!!
Saying out loud inspires me to go on.
So, I say to you... fight through your fear and that alone will give you the strength to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment